UltraPure™ is the most robust water filtration technology that utilizes ceramic membrane elements with a wide center channel design, capable of filtering various types of feed streams at high concentrations without plugging up. UltraPure™ delivers crystal clear water through the submicron pores of MF, UF, or Nano membrane configurations. The system can improve the performance of your reverse osmosis system by pre-treating feed water to remove organics and other contaminants that may affect flux. This highly versatile low maintenance technology can also be applied in a wide variety of industries to purify and/or recycle liquids, recover energy, get you in compliance, and most importantly decrease operational costs.
After a careful assessment of your operation, we design and configure each system on specification to deliver you the best return on your capital investment.
- Corrosion resistant & highly durable stainless steel construction
- Intuitive touch screen PC interface(HMI)
- UL approved control panel
- Clean in Place technology
- Fouling, chemical, and temperature resistant filter membranes
- MF, UF, or Nano configurations available per application
- Conductivity, turbidity, pressure, and temperature sensors
- Remote accessibility for consistent updates and servicing
UltraPure provides benefits not just through it’s innovative technology, but also in the quality of service it provides – with over 35 years of experience, UltraPure has set a standard for wastewater treatment and filtration.
- Recovers up to 90% of water
- Recovers up to 90% of heat from wastewater
- Modular design allows for easy installation and expandability
- Fully automated operation allows for minimal maintenance
- Decreases water, sewer, and energy costs
- Low operating costs
- Water purification process is chemical free
- Fully customizable per application
- Membrane life span > 10 years
- 5 year/15,000 hour performance guarantee
- Manufactured and tested in the United States
UltraPure has been successfully implemented in a wide range of applications, including food rendering, food processing, textile manufacturing, commercial laundry, and many others.
- Food Processing
- Oil & Gas
- Beverage Production
- Metal Plating & Finishing
- Plastics Recycling
- Pulp & Paper
The ceramic membrane consists of a tubular cross-flow design that can operate under low pressure and high velocity to prevent fouling and clogging. The unpurified water passes through open channels where it is forced through sub-micron pores that only allow water molecules and other low molecular weight substances to pass through as permeate. Higher molecular weight substances such as oils and solids are rejected by the membrane. Unlike other cross-flow membranes, these membranes are resistant to extreme temperatures, solvents, and can manage pH levels from 0-14. Process feed stream applications supported include biofuel recovery, juice clarification, breweries, dairy processing, wine purification, along with many others.
Featured Installation: New System
✪ Market: Commercial Laundry
✪ Percentage of wastewater treated: 100%
✪ Water Recovery Percentage: 80%
✪ Wastewater Heat Recovery Percentage: 80%
Decision to implement was based on factors that included rising incoming water, gas, and sewer costs. The plant went from using a total of 1.7-2.0 gallons per pound to using .3-.4 gallons per pound without any compromise in quality. Plant received overall savings in water, gas, chemical, and sewer costs.
As part of our program to helping businesses meet their sustainability goals, we offer pilot trial units for untested applications. At your request, we can situate a system at your facility to treat one or multiple of your water streams and present you with real time data. All you need to do is provide the required electricity and we will hook it up within hours.
Please contact a Norchem representative to learn more about how our Pilot Trials can help you determine if water treatment and/or recycling is right for your business.